Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bye July

The last week of July has been an interesting one. I've finally settled into my new apartment for the fall semester. The place still doesn't have WiFi, which has posed a curious struggle for me as I live without the convenience and entertainment of the internet. Let's just say that I've been spending a lot time browsing the web and writing this post in coffee shops. Also, I'm truly thankful that BBC America consistently plays reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Near the end of this month, I also had a revival in my love of thrifting, which probably peaked circa 2013. I'm pretty sure the boredom of retail store clothing just struck me again as it did when I was in my awkward high school years. I realized that I find so much more joy in finding an interesting piece on a Goodwill rack than picking out something predictable at retail chain. This isn't to say that I will never set foot in mall again or spend endless hours browsing online stores, but that the activity of buying consignment goods is something that I'd like to reincorporate into my life. I think the repeating theme in many of these recent posts really revolves around the idea of balance. Finding it, and living by it in all aspects of being. 

In the near future, you can expect another three-part set of travel posts-- this one covering last year's trip to Peru. And in the very near future, my monthly faves!











No comments:

Post a Comment