Sunday, August 7, 2016

July '16 Faves




WEAR

Most of the clothes shopping I did in July was done near the end of the month, so while I have a few things I'm really liking, I haven't worn anything enough to for it to qualify as a monthly favorite yet...



SKINCARE // BEAUTY

Korres | Jasmine Lip Butter - One can never have too many lip balms, butters, etc... This one's so creamy, has a slightly sweet fragrance, and a subtle tint to it. Also, bonus points because Korres is a cruelty-free company!

Origins | Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask - Sheet mask, clay mask, I don't care-- I'll try it. This mask doesn't make my skin feel tight and dry like some of the other clay masks I've tried. This tube will definitely last me at least six months, since I only use a clay mask once a week, and it doesn't take much product to coat my face. I love Origins' approach to skincare; using lots of natural ingredients along with a healthy dose of skin science in their products.

Bio-Oil - I'm shifting towards using more body oils instead of lotions to moisturize, and so naturally, I'm hopping onto the Bio-Oil craze. It's a multi-use oil, and I first began using it on my upper arms hoping it would slightly reduce my minor KP. Although KP is incurable, and eventually just goes away with time, I found that Bio-Oil really helps to diminish some of the redness. I also love the fragrance, and now I'm basically using it as a total body moisturizer to fix any areas prone to uneven texture.






EAT // DRINK

Aladdin Water Bottle - Finally, I can end my water bottle search! I can't seem to find a link to this to buy online, but I got mine at Target. I've been looking for a water bottle that I can stick in my bag without the fear of it leaking all over the place, one that is practical enough to carry around, and one that is easy to clean. So far, this one has fulfilled all my requirements. My butter fingers can't handle a glass bottle, and I think I prefer metal anyway since it keeps my water cold all day, even during the summer heat.

Soba Noodles - I've started eating a lot more soba noodles this summer, and I love that they are so easy to prepare (literally takes a 4 minutes to cook), and you can basically add anything to them. The  noodles are buckwheat based, and I like the added nutty taste this gives them. Two recipes that I've been loving are soba noodles with Lemony Kale Pesto and Tahini & Black Sesame Soba Noodles.

Sticky Rice with Mango - I've never been a fan of mangoes, but this dessert changed everything! Sticky rice with mango is a traditional Southeast Asian (specifically Thai) dessert, and it's exactly what the name says it is: Glutinous 'sticky' rice cooked with coconut milk and served with mango on the side. It's such a simple concept, and I'm completely obsessed. The coconut milk adds just enough sweetness to quality the dish as a dessert, but it's definitely not sugary sweet, which I prefer with my desserts.






WATCH // LISTEN

Pacific Underground Podcast - A podcast by APIs (Asian and Pacific Islanders) for APIs, based in one of the whitest cities in the country-- Portland, Oregon. All of the episodes so far are extremely interesting, and I particularly enjoyed their episode about mixed API identity; a subject that I feel passionately and personally about.

Mitski | Puberty 2 - Mellow, moody tunes, which fit perfectly with all those summer vibes. I first heard the single 'Your Best American Girl' (video) back in the spring, and I anticipated the album's release in June ever since.










No comments:

Post a Comment