Thursday, July 14, 2016

IKEA notes

The last time I visited an IKEA was at least 10-12 years ago when I eagerly chose several items to go with my preteen bedroom's bright blue, neon green, and highlighter yellow color scheme... Yeah, those were questionable times. I've been wanted to return for a while now, but never got around to making the trip, since a visit to IKEA practically occupies an entire day. Last week, I decided I was up for it. After proceeding to immediately eat some Swedish meatballs, I went to browse around and pick up a few pieces to fill up my new living space. I didn't really shop with anything in mind, but here's what I ended up getting.


A CLOTHING RACK | Super functional, and it includes a shelf for some of my shoes!
A FLOOR LAMP | Slightly retro design and it gives off the warmest, coziest glow.
A DECORATIVE PILLOW | For some reason I'm loving pink these days, so naturally I was automatically drawn towards this pillow.
A TERRACOTTA PLANTER | I've been getting pretty bored with the standard terracotta planter shape, and so I enjoy this one's simple, minimal design. Also, my ficus elastica has been steadily growing bigger and taller, so this will be it's future home.
A DRAWER UNIT | I plan to keep this right next to or under my desk for all of my miscellaneous things.
A RUG | An eggplant colored rug. You know, kinda like a strangely cool one that you'd find at Goodwill, minus the mystery stains and funky smell.
SOME DISHWARE | I decided it was time to stop relying on just one plate and one bowl.








No comments:

Post a Comment